NEUROCME© Movement Disorders
A FREE Live Interactive CME Course Series with 130 Patient Videos | 6 CME Hours
Saturday December 10, 2022
LIVE IN-PERSON attendance only!
214 Royal St
New Orleans, LA 70130
Agenda and Topics
7:30-8:30 am - Breakfast & Registration
8:30-8:40 am - Welcoming and opening remarks
8:40-9:40 am - Motor fluctuations in Parkinson’s disease; detection & management (Dr. Dashtipour)
9:40-10:40 am - An overview of hyperkinetic movement disorders including drug-induced hyperkinetic movement disorders (Dr. Espay)
10:40-11:00 am - Break
11:00-12:00 pm- Deep brain stimulation for movement disorders (Dr. Tagliati)
12:20pm-12:30 pm Chairman Video Round
12:30-1:20 pm - Lunch
1:20-2:20 pm - Utilization of Botulinum toxins for Movement Disorders (Dr. Tagliati)
2:20-3:20 pm - Non-motor features of Parkinson’s disease; diagnoses & treatment (Dr. Dashtipour)
3:20-3:30 pm Break
3:30-4:30 pm - Iatrogenic Knowledge: The most egregious never-forgotten lessons learned from my clinical errors. (Dr. Espay)
4:30 pm Closing Remarks
Register Now! Space is limited.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Primary Care Network (PCN) and Patient Mind Inc. Primary Care Network is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Primary Care Network designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Describe the clinical presentation and phenomenology associated with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and other movement disorders.
- Discuss the diagnostic approaches and tools available for PD and other movement disorders.
- Identify and manage motor complications in PD such as moor fluctuations and dyskinesia.
- List the relevant treatment options for PD and other movement disorders.
- Evaluate surgical options and procedures available for PD and other movement disorders.
- Discuss Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), indications, contraindications, risks and benefits.
- Evaluate the management of patients after DBS surgery.
- Identify movement disorders that can be treated with botulinum toxin injections.
- Describe the clinical presentation and phenomenology of tardive dyskinesia and other hyperkinetic movement disorders such as Huntington’s disease.
- Discuss the treatment options to mange tardive dyskinesia and other hyperkinetic movement disorders.
- Identify and management of non-motor features of PD and other movement disorders.